WE ARE LOOKING FOR UKRAINIAN PSYCHOLOGISTS
The Trauma Center is looking for Ukrainian/Russian-speaking psychologists.
The Trauma Center was established in 2018 and since its launch it has been focusing on the care for people of disadvantaged or prejudiced social groups and the rehabilitation of people who have experienced trauma, and their financial or social situation does not allow them to have access to professional and continuous mental health support.
Our goals also include the sensitization and training of those who get in contact with traumatised people during their work about the specific trauma-related aspects of working with their clients or co-workers.
The project “Mental Health Support for Refugees from Ukraine” will provide individual and group psychological support to refugees, train staff members working with traumatised people, provide supervision for professionals, actively coordinate MHPSS professional work with refugees and set up referral pathways.
Half-time psychologists positions are available to work in a team of 4 mental health specialists to support refugees from Ukraine, mostly women and children.
The professionals we are looking for should either:
- be able to conduct therapy in Ukrainian and/or Russian and speak English or Hungarian at least at an intermediate level
The main tasks of psychologists:
- Group and individual therapy (typically short-term therapy, max. 12-20 sessions),
- Individual consultations for parents and families,
- Mother-child and separate children groups,
- Promotion of a trauma-informed approach, sensitization of people working in other helping professions,
- Providing further education and training,
- Promoting mental health among refugees,
- Production and proofreading of psychoeducational materials,
- Preparation of reports,
- Consultation with partner organisations, participation in training courses.
- Diploma in Psychology MA,
- Specialisation in clinical/developmental/counselling psychology
- Minimum 3 years of experience as therapist,
An advantage when applying:
- Experience in trauma therapy, relevant method-specific training (EMDR, SE, Brainspotting, TF-CBT, etc. ),
- Experience working with children, parents,
- Prior training in crisis intervention, trauma treatment,
- Experience in working cross-culturally,
- Experience in working with interpreters.
What we provide:
- Competitive salary,
- Supervision and professional support,
- Professional materials,
- Cooperation with international partners (Emergency Response),
- Eight-month fixed-term contract that is renewable if the project continues.
- Fixed-term full-time or part-time contract (currently until 30 June 2023),
- Child-friendly workplace, flexible working-hours,
- Possible travels within Budapest or the country,
- Working language is client-dependent.
SALARY: gross monthly salary of 900.000 -1.000.000 HUF, no cafeteria or other benefits provided.
To apply, please fill in the application form below:
In case of questions, please contact: email@example.com
Application deadline: 30 November 2022.
Feedback will be sent to all applicants. If you do not receive a notification within one week of the application deadline, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal interviews will take place after the first round of selection. The post can be filled immediately after the closing date of the application process.
You can find more information about the Trauma Centre on our website:
For further information about war-related work:
We recommend for further studies: